October 19, 2014

Bon jour

Hola blog world.  I start the post of in a bilingual way in honor of the awesome Mexican food we had for supper last night. The spicy enchiladas inspired some very weird dreams, though, including one that seemed to be entirely in French.  I studied that language in high school and my freshman year in college. A trip to France more than a decade ago was proof positive I have forgotten most of the French I learned in my youth.  I guess my knowledge of French is buried way back in some dusty, unusable file deep in my brain, because I could understand most of what was said and converse with semi-fluent sentences in my dream.  My accent was still quite bad, however. This morning my normal language skills have returned; that would be a smattering of words in French, Spanish, and German (mostly the ability to count and order beer) and a semi-fluency in basic American English.

It looks to be a great day. Shut off the computer and go enjoy it my friends.

2 comments:

Jean said...

We have sunshine in Ohio today.
Hopefully, the clouds and rain will hold off until I leave for a vacation in the Sunshine State next week. It isn't Hawaii'a (sp?) but it's still away.

Joe said...

That sounds like a great vacation! Have fun. I wish I was heading to a warm place.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger