August 14, 2014

Random Ramblings Involving Rabbits and Wet Spots and the Best Pizza I Ever Ate

For some unknown reason I woke up a little after five this morning.

That is a lie.

I know why I woke up a little after five this morning. It was get up or pee in the bed. Peeing in the bed would certainly tick off the wife. More importantly, its not my turn to sleep in the wet spot.

That is a lie.

Sort of anyway. There is no chart or revolving agreement regarding any possible wet spots.

Maybe I should just start over?

I woke up a little after five this morning and I was not able to get back to sleep. Now I am sitting at the old laptop, swilling coffee and yawning. Just typing about a yawn makes me yawn. Now you want to yawn. Weird how that works, isn't it?

Collin Cowherd is an ass. An ignorant douche bag of magnificent proportions. On Monday he proclaimed the whole Kevin Ward Jr. accident involving Tony Stewart was a result of "Southern Culture". Ward hails from New York. Stewart is from Indiana. New York is north of Canada. No one has ever confused anyone from New York as remotely Southern.  A random German stopped on the streets of Schweinfurt could tell you that. Ask anyone in the south, Hoosiers are Yankees. Not damn Yankees (the ones who come south and won't leave), but northerners nonetheless. 

I am at a loss to explain how a Sprint Car accident between two northerners embodies everything that is wrong about NASCAR and the South in general. Does the ignorant jerk Cowherd even understand that Sprint Cars are not stock cars? Cowherd, like many in the Northeast,  thinks everyone who speaks with a drawl lives down on Tobacco Road. As my man Bugs says -- "What a maroon".

I have eaten some really good pizza.

I think that about covers it.

5 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I woke up at 5, but that was to take the lady to the airport.

Now I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

I am always up at 5, for some strange reason. I guess I am a "Damn Yankee", but the truth is I found more hatred, racism, and backward thinking people in my home town in Indiana than I have found in the south. That superior than thou attitude comes from the north, usually east of Indiana starting with that shit hole with two O's in the states name.

James Old Guy

Anonymous said...

Past my rant, ESPN has been headed for the toilet for a long time. Cowherd is more than ass, he is an ignorant ass, I long ago stopped listening to that moron.

James Old Guy

mts1 said...

I watched the camera phone video on YouTube as soon as I got off work. Stewart did hit the gas as Ward ran toward him. Hitting the gas made the back end of the sprint car swerve AWAY from Ward, but Ward was bound and determined to dive under the wheels nonetheless. It was as if Stewart tried to use some body English to swerve away from the fool, and it was an exercise in futility.

But Tony is a cold blooded murderer who aimed at a guy as he got out of his car. As much as this incident is a product of Southern inhospitality.

Funny how this guy gets a pass and is not fired and shunned for such stupidity. If he clucked his tongue over how Michael Vick's dog fighting and Latrell Sprewell's coach choking were direct products of violent, hateful, nihilistic ghetto culture, he'd be decried as a racist as much as Imus was for making his nappy haired comments. Once again the southern white man is the punching bag with no repercussions, even when he is hundreds of miles away while minding his own business, and despite the fact that no specially favored left-loving outrage group was harmed in the incident.

I never thought eye for an eye was a distinctly Southern Culture item. I thought it was with every person since Adam, and maybe with a heck of a lot of apes before him too. So when the Montreal coach sends his "policeman" onto the ice to rough up a Toronto opponent who slammed his star player into the boards, is that also a reflection of Southern Culture in Canadaland?

Funny how some of the most racist people I've seen are people without a racist bone in their body, while some of the more tolerant are people who have a problem with this or that group overall, but who usually come around on an individual basis after working a while with a co-worker or fellow serviceman of the suspected race/group. As in, "I normally don't care for coloreds, but Frank over there, he's cool, don't mess with him or else you're also messing with me."

Joe said...

'xactly

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger