July 27, 2012

A moment of silence

The International Olympic Committee refuses to honor the fortieth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the Israeli Olympic team at the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Germany. It has been reported the IOC fears it will antagonize the delegations from various Arab nations.

I hope you join me in a moment of silence, prayer or reflection for the innocent victims of hatred and intolerance. If honoring these athletes is not part of the Olympic Ideal, then I am honestly not sure what the Games represent.

3 comments:

CnC said...

The PC police are everywhere

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

The Olympics can die in a fire for all of me.

Anonymous said...

The UN and the Olympic's share the same lack of balls sickness. Can I get a group hug from the Taliban?
James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger